tall poppy gourmet is the work of Virginia Enzerink from Cowra – central western New South Wales. The business began in 2002 with just one product, made in the home kitchen in Narrabri (in the North West of New South Wales). With a love of fine food and a talent for creating new and interesting flavours, what began as a hobby has fast become a thriving commercial enterprise.
In 2005 the business relocated to Cowra, which is an area well known for its fine food and wine.
The tall poppy range has now been extended to eight products.
The tall poppy gourmet range of condiments, dressings and sauces are a premium product range, made with only the finest and freshest local ingredients. They are unique in flavour, quality and taste. Packaged beautifully, they appeal to the gourmet entertainer and chef, and are ideal for the gourmet gift market.
The name of the range stems from its first product, the Poppy Seed Salad Dressing. We believe that name is synonymous with the high quality and appeal of all our tall poppy gourmet products. They are distinct, unique and stand tall in the international gourmet market place.
Distinctive qualities of tall poppy gourmet products:
- 100% Australian owned and made.
- Made with the finest and freshest local ingredients.
- All of our products are Gluten free.
- Made with all natural ingredients, no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
- Cooked in small batches to retain that home cooked quality and flavour.
- Part of the range uses Australian native produce such as the ‘wild lime' (Australian bush lime or desert lime), which grow wild in the Australian desert and the ‘macadamia', a tree, native to the east coast of Australia.
- Unique recipes and fresh flavours.